Hey there, fellow property managers and hosts! Ready to take your vacation rental game to the next level? Well, buckle up because we’re about to dive into the captivating world of video marketing, where storytelling, authenticity, and a dash of strategic planning can transform your short-term rental properties into unforgettable experiences.
1. Uniqueness Sells:
Ever wondered why some vacation rental videos pop while others fizzle out? It’s all about embracing what makes your property and destination special. So, if your portfolio is filled with seemingly standard offerings, fret not. Shift the spotlight from the properties to the destination itself. Tell the story of the unique amenities your property boasts, or if that’s not the case, weave a narrative around the charm of the surrounding area.
But here’s the kicker—add a sprinkle of humor and personality. It’s the secret sauce that turns your content from mere information to something fun, engaging, and relatable. And remember, too much positivity can be a bit dull. Don’t hesitate to inject a touch of reality; it makes your brand more authentic and relatable.
2. Property Video Tours and Virtual Walkthroughs:
What’s the golden ticket to standout video content? Property tours and virtual walkthroughs that highlight your property’s floor plan. Whether your property is perched on a beachfront paradise with ocean views or nestled in a cozy mountain retreat, give your audience a taste of the guest experience that awaits them. And these video tours don’t have to use the latest tech, like Matterport. Surprisingly, an iPhone video might be more personal and appealing than a professionally-produced one. It’s all about authenticity—people want to visualize themselves in the space.
Now, a word of caution: these videos are perfect for your vacation rental website, but not all online travel agencies (OTAs), such as Airbnb and Vrbo may play along. However, the uniqueness of your virtual tours could be a selling point when dealing with property owners.
3. Harness the Power of Testimonials:
Let your satisfied customers become your advocates through testimonial videos. Whether it’s an owner praising your property management skills or a guest sharing their memorable stay, these videos resonate with audiences. The engagement is off the charts, especially on the advertising side.
Remember, testimonials won’t magically appear if you don’t ask for them. Proactively create opportunities for video testimonials, and you might end up with high-quality, authentic content that builds trust with potential guests.
4. Local Area Guides and Recommendations in Video Form:
Why stick to traditional blog posts when you can showcase local gems through videos? Transform your best-performing vlog content into short-form videos, offering a sneak peek into the local experience. Capture the essence of a hiking trail or the beauty of a short walk to the beach. These localized videos provide a unique perspective and can be a potent tool in attracting potential guests.
5. Strategic Social Media and Video Distribution:
Choosing the right platform is the key to unlocking the full potential of your videos. Fun and engaging content finds a home on Instagram and Facebook, where people are looking for a quick escape. On the flip side, LinkedIn is perfect for business-focused content and owner testimonials. If you can create content that suits multiple platforms, that’s fantastic for your budget. Here’s a tip: TikTok loves volume, while other platforms prioritize quality.
Don’t just follow trends—test your assumptions and experiment with various videos. You might discover a larger audience on one platform, allowing you to focus your efforts and create impactful content. Quality often beats quantity, so choose one channel and excel rather than spreading yourself thin.
6. Optimal Shooting Time Blocks:
Let’s talk about the nitty-gritty of creating compelling content for your real estate and property management company—timing. Maximize your professional photograpy and videography efficiency with strategic time blocks:
- 6 am to 9 am: Morning Sunrise Shoot: Capture the golden hues of sunrise. Depending on your location, sunrise might be better for some angles and shots compared to sunset.
- 1 pm to 3 pm: Interior Shots: The sun is just above your head, providing excellent inside lighting without leaving bothersome shadows from blinds or furniture.
- 5 pm to 7 pm: Sunset: Embrace the magic of sunset for exterior shots that showcase the beauty of your property.
- 7 pm to 8 pm: Blue Hour and Night Shots: Take advantage of the enchanting blue hour and capture the allure of your property at night.
7. Elevate Your Video with Music, Moving Shots, and Models:
- Choosing the Right Background Music: Select a soundtrack that complements your property’s vibe. Less is often more—aim for music that enhances the viewing experience without overpowering. Alternatively, you may consider a voiceover as a marketing tool that discusses your eye-catching vacation rental property listing on the approprate social media platforms.
- Mastering Moving Shots: Keep your audience engaged with dynamic shots of your vacation home. Experiment with panning, tilting, and tracking to showcase your property’s best angles as you master your vacation rental marketing.
- Integrating Models: Bring your property to life by featuring people in your videos. Models can help potential guests envision themselves enjoying your property’s amenities and surroundings.
Remember, you don’t have to implement all these strategies at once. Test them out, find what resonates with your audience, and refine your approach over time. Happy filming, and may your vacation rentals become the stars of the show!